On 19 Aug 2008, at 5:08 pm, Bart wrote:

I've created a new xcode project, document based cocoa app.
Added this code to the mydocument class:

m:
-(IBAction)getTotals
{
        NSLog(@"Hello");
}

h:
-(IBAction)getTotals;

I've created a button in the MyDocument.xib, connected through the firstresponder to the getTotals method. Everything compiles ok, but when I push the button nothing happens. Am I missing something somewhere?

Some help would very much be appreciated!

IBAction methods must be declared like this:

- (IBAction) someActionMethod:(id) sender;

since your method doesn't have the right signature, it's not being called. Even if you don't need the sender, your method must be declared as having one.

hth,

Graham