On Aug 20, 2008, at 6:15 PM, Torsten Curdt wrote:

I guess my questions wasn't phrased correctly. The point was more: is 'nil' really the equivalent of 0 or NULL.

Let's put it this way: freshly allocated objects have their memory zeroed out, except for their isa pointer. You can also rely on this meaning that any object pointer ivars you might have are nil. QED

-Ken