On 21 Aug 2008, at 5:13 am, Gerd Knops wrote:

That'd work, but I'd have to subclass NSWindowController for that so I can add that property. Seemed to me that the above would not be an uncommon pattern and there ought to be a more elegant way that I might have missed.

Yep, that's the usual approach. What's the problem with subclassing? An unsubclassed NSWindowController isn't really all that useful. Why is subclassing so often referred to as "inelegant"? That's what OOP is for.

Graham