Greetings, Mike,

I'm not sure when I have told anyone that they were outright wrong -- heaven knows, I've been wrong enough about various things myself. I don't recall saying at any point that you were "wrong," and in fact (as you may clearly note) I said that you must have a good reason for doing what you were doing, and that I would *not * claim that you were wrong. I can see that my "right-off-the-bat" qualifier was ill- chosen, and that my attempt at diplomacy failed -- miserably.

Before you accuse me of polluting the list further, I shall (attempt to) save this message from that verdict with a couple of suggestions:

1. Try not to get defensive on the list -- the person whom you lambaste might one day turn out to be someone who could have helped you in another situation, but won't. I might or might not be capable of being that person, but others may be.

2. Do take heed of Steve Christenson's message:

The great majority of Mac applications do not run in kiosk mode so for most cases preventing window movement *is* wrong because you take control away from the user. Had you first mentioned that you were building a kiosk app - a vital piece of info - you might've received what you considered to be useful replies right off the bat. Or to quote the Xcode list's monthly reminder, "For a great introduction to asking technical questions on a mailing list, see “How To Ask Questions The Smart Way” by Eric Steven Raymond at http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ."

I wish you the best in your programming endeavors!

Regards,
        Andrew

P.S.: I know of -- even if I have never used -- SetSystemUIMode(), if that's what you're referring to, although you're right about my not knowing anything about Core Graphics and shielding windows.