On Aug 21, 2008, at 8:31 PM, Kyle Sluder wrote:

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:18 PM, Steve Christensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The great majority of Mac applications do not run in kiosk mode so for most cases preventing window movement *is* wrong because you take control away
from the user.

Hold on, I don't agree with that.  Taking control away from the user
is wrong except in situation where it's right, in which case you
typically want something like a kiosk.  The way you've phrased it
seems like you're claiming that kiosk mode is wrong on its face.

Sorry, I thought I had been clear. The OP had written that he wanted to prevent a window from moving without providing the critical detail that he was writing a kiosk application, and some of the replies reflected that. If you have a good reason for taking over the screen (kiosk app, full-screen game, animated desktop background, slideshow/ presentation mode in a "regular" app, etc.), I think it's perfectly fine to use a window that doesn't move. If you're writing a "regular" app, the user should be able to arrange windows as s/he sees fit.

My two cents...

steve