On 24 Aug 2008, at 17:45, Tim Andersson wrote:

Hi there,

Is there any way of creating a NSWindow that has a semi-transparent, blurred background? With "blurred background" I mean that whatever you see through the window/background is distorted (blurred).

Any help is appreciated,
Tim Andersson

YMMV but I'd start with a window as shown in this sample code

http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/RoundTransparentWindow/index.html

and then replace the view with a custom view, and apply a CI filter as shown here

http://www.kickingbear.com/blog/?m=200803

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on if that's ok?

Jonathan

http://espresso-served-here.com