On Aug 25, 2008, at 12:22 PM, Georg Seifert wrote:

Hello,

I have a problem:

- (id)initWithContentRect:(NSRect)contentRect styleMask: (unsigned int)windowStyle backing:(NSBackingStoreType)bufferingType defer: (BOOL)deferCreation
{
        BOOL useTextured = YES;
if([self respondsToSelector:@selector (setContentBorderThickness:forEdge:)]) {
                windowStyle ^= NSTexturedBackgroundWindowMask;
                useTextured = NO;
        }

self = [super initWithContentRect:contentRect styleMask:windowStyle backing:bufferingType defer:deferCreation];
        if(!useTextured)
        {
                [self setContentBorderThickness:27.0 forEdge: NSMinYEdge];
        }
        return self;
}

if I compile against the 10.5 SDK everything work fine. But if I use the 10.4 SDK it crashes: *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: 'setContentBorderThickness:forEdge: may not be called with NSMinXEdge'

Your error message says "NSMinXEdge", but your code says "NSMinYEdge" Is that just a transcription error in mail? I think fixing that will lead you to your answer. Also, are you sure xoring is what you want to do? With XOR, you're unconditionally toggling the NSTexturedBackgroundWindowMask bit. Perhaps you mean to do that though.

Good Luck -
Jon Hess

(build and tested on Leopard, on Powerbook, latest OS and xCode)

Can someone help with this?

Thanks in advance.
Georg