On 26 Aug 2008, at 15:04, Andrew Farmer wrote:

On 26 Aug 08, at 00:39, Gerriet M. Denkmann wrote:
I want to open some file:

source =
"tell application "SomeApp"...

You're making things harder than they need to be.

[[NSWorkspace sharedWorkspace] openFile:@"/path/to/file" withApplication:@"SomeApp"];

As to AppleScript's Unicode support, I wouldn't be surprised if it were still unreliable.

Sorry for the badly abridged example. Actually I want to do more than just open the file. Or is it definitely impossible to use un-American pathnames in AppleScript?

Kind regards,

Gerriet.