On 31 aug 2008, at 03.12, Peter Stirling wrote:

Hi,

I've been trying to do some python scripting of iTunes using pyobjc and ScriptingBridge, and I've been having some problems (I reduced everything to objective-c on its own in order work out if it was caused by pyobjc).

According to:

http://developer.apple.com/releasenotes/scriptingautomation/RN-ScriptingBridge/index.html

running:
  sdef /Applications/iTunes.app/ | sdp -f h --basename iTunes

should generate an objective-c header file which you can use in conjunction with [SBApplication applicationWithBundleIdentifier:@"com.apple.iTunes"]
(which it does).

An excerpt from the file I generated (included in the zip file):

@interface iTunesTrack : iTunesItem
@property BOOL gapless;  // is this track from a gapless album?
@end

So there should be an accessor method on iTunesTrack objects called gapless that returns a BOOL.

[track respondsToSelector:@selector(gapless)] returns YES

However it doesn't seem to work, the code provided in the zip archive (when executed on my machine), produces a list of all the gapless tracks in my mp3 collection, but every line ALSO claims that the track is 'not gapless'.

(The original python code that I was using seemed to get different answers depending on ordering of operations, including calling the accessor twice in a row on the same object giving different answers).

Am I doing something wrong? The other accessors that I call appear to return the right data, though I've not done exhaustive testing.

(As a background to what I'm doing, I want my iTunes playlists random except for gapless cds, which I want to be seamless, the shuffle provided by itunes can't make that distinction for itself).

<tester.zip>
        From test.m :
NSPredicate* predicate = [NSPredicate predicateWithFormat:@"gapless=YES"];

this should probably be :   ..... predicateWithFormat:@"gapless==YES"];
See the amazing new SF reel: Invasion of the man eating cucumbers from outer space. On congratulations for a fantastic parody, the producer replies : "What parody?"

Tommy Nordgren
[EMAIL PROTECTED]