It looks like if the window I want to popup has NSBorderlessWindowMask set,
then this API pops up TWO windows, both the one I really want, and the last
active. On the other hand if it has a title, then it works as expected.

Any thoughts?

BTW, I'm not popping it up uninitiated, it's in response to a hotkey.