The NSPathControl.h file says that when in Popup mode, the control will send a action message. However, I cannot get it to work. I've tried using no types, and a type of "public.folder".

Is this a known problem?

I was able to create a hack work-around: use the NSPathControl delegate method "- (void)pathControl:(NSPathControl *)pathControl willDisplayOpenPanel: (NSOpenPanel *)openPanel" that is called just prior to the NSOpenPanel showing. In that method send the main run loop a message to performSelector with your IBACtion method.

When the user finishes with the open panel, the run loop dequeues your message and sends it to your action method.

David

PS: from NSPathControl.h: "When the URL value in the NSPathControl changes from an automatic drag and drop operation, or from the user selecting a new path via the open panel, the action is sent, but the clickedPathComponentCell will be nil."