On Sep 14, 2008, at 9:58 AM, John Cebasek wrote:

I've got an NSOutlineView and am trying to determine which row is selected. I thought [super selectedRow]; (calling NSTableView's selectedRow method) would do the trick, but all I'm getting back from that call is -1.

How does one determine which row is selected in an outline view?

In this scenario, you shouldn't invoke the superclass unless you are overriding the method. If the outline view is "self", then call [self selectedRow] instead.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>