On Sep 16, 2008, at 09:49, John Velman wrote:

... And in a NIB (or
XIB), the NSWindowController is the File's Owner, and is the main "View
Controller" (as well as the window controller, of course.)

"View controller" in an informal sense, perhaps, but this isn't really good terminology. A NSWindowController is not, of course, a NSViewController, though the two classes have roughly parallel purposes.

How do I get the path for displaying an array (or any data) from the model
into IB?

So far, all I've been able to figure out is to give the NSWindowController
pointers to the model objects managed by MyDocument.  (In a binding
compliant way with 'setModel', and 'model' for accessors).

Assuming you use the standard NSDocument methods for creating multiple NSWindowControllers and attaching them to the document, your window controllers will automatically have a valid "document" property, so you can use 'File's Owner.document.model'.