The methods for finding applications,

   -[NSWorkspace fullPathForApplication:]
   -[NSWorkspace absolutePathForAppBundleWithIdentifier:]
   AppleScript's  'path to application'

all return only ONE result. If there is more than installation of the application, which often happens out here in real life, the above methods will often pick different installations, and even if you run the same methods several minutes apart I sometimes get different answers.

Is there any way to make these methods behave deterministically? If not, what's a better way? Do I have to do a Spotlight search? I know that unix 'find' would be way too slow.

Thanks,

Jerry Krinock