Hi Andrew,
  Yeah, that is what I mean. But I am not sure if I understand your
suggestion correctly, you mean I change the imageview's autoResizingMask?
  Since my app sometimes has to place the imageview on top of the
scroller, now I can only set the scroller hidden when the imageview is on
top of it to avoid seeing the scroller.
  PS: I find a button that draws its background can cover the scroller, is
this because the button cell?

Regards,
Qi Liu

Andrew Merenbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
09/19/08 03:13 AM

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc
cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com
Subject
Re: NSScroller will be visible even it is below other view in 10.4

On Sep 18, 2008, at 3:53 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi all,
>  I found a tricky thing in Tiger: In Nib file, I have a NSScrollView
> in
> the window, and I put an NSImageView all above it, for I don't want
> to see
> the scrollView. But when window shows, I can see the scroller! In
> Leopard,
> the imageview covers the scroller. Did I miss something?
>  Thanks in advance!

Hi!  I'm not sure that I understand you correctly, but if I do: All
versions of Mac OS X before Leopard do *not* enforce clipping among
sibling subviews.  Unless you're using Leopard, therefore, it is not
at all supported to place an image view *on top of* a scroll view.  Is
this what you meant?

If you need to have the image view on top of the scroll view in Tiger,
and there are no other options, I might suggest a borderless window
that contains the image view, and configure it such that it will move
along with the main window.

Cheers,
                 Andrew