On 27 Sep 08, at 19:38, Dave DeLong wrote:
I'm building an app, and I've got a bunch of interface object definitions called "InputElements". There are a couple subclasses, such as InputElementButton and InputElementSlider.
<snip>
When I try to compile, I'm getting two errors:

 "_OBJC_CLASS_$_InputViewSlider", referenced from:
     [EMAIL PROTECTED] in CosMouseViewController.o
 "_OBJC_CLASS_$_InputViewButton", referenced from:
     [EMAIL PROTECTED] in CosMouseViewController.o

This error appears to indicate that the InputViewSlider and InputViewButton classes are not defined in your application. If you haven't written them yet, you may need to stub them out for your code to work.

My question is, do I need to override the +(Class) class method for each InputElement subclass, and if so how do I make a Class object?

Leave -[NSObject class] alone. Overriding it will probably lead to all sorts of crazy misbehavior.