Hmmm,
No iPhone - specific functionality to be discussed yet. But obviously one important question to asking: How to partition the lists?

I hope that our existing CocoaDev moderater(s) will be given fully the responsibility for such task and enough leeway to make their own decision about it. Most people are under the assumption currently that there will be simply (1) new discussion group added for the iPhone. However there may actually a considerable overlap with people not knowing which list to post to.

Actually i personally believe that this would be a good oppostunity for the admins to consider entirely re-structuring the lists. For example having a base list (for any such common frameworks), then having an iPhone specific list. And then also having the Cocoa-Dev list. As a side-effect that would make the existing Cocoa-Dev forum more focussed on Cocoa development on the desktop computers. Do people think this list should remain as general as it is, and is its size too big or too small?

In many ways i believe the list very good as it is however many times others have commented that the list is simply grown very big / much bigger (and the time taken to read through means that a substantial number of emails are missed / cannot be replied too). What are other people's thought on this issue? And would the iPhone develpers benefit or de at a disadvantage having figure out which of 2 lists to post to?

For me i believe that its no difficulty to use multiple lists (as i am already subscribed to the Xcode list). I also believe that it would the moderator's job easier to make each list smaller and fewer guidelines would then be necessary on each list. Having fewer / shorter guidlines is a good thing, because if the guidelines are too long people simply dont read them. And a smaller list can self - manage itself more effectively. However i also believe if you can have a 'foundation list' then it might create a situation where more experienced developers are on what is seen to become a more advanced list and this could make it harder for newcomers to get as good quality help and assistance from (those more talented Cocoa Developers).

But in either way - i know i shall be subscribing to all of the Cocoa- related lists.