I think I would just use this AppleScript call
[[[NSAppleScript alloc] initWithSource:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"tell application \"iTunes\" to play playlist \"%@ \"", [self replace:@"\"" with:@"\\\"" source:[sender title]]]] executeAndReturnError:nil]; Works fast enough for me and it would work with " because I use my replace function to make it \".

Thanks for your help and for letting me know about Scripting Bridges,
Mr. Gecko