On 7 Oct 2008, at 1:46 am, Joseph Ayers wrote:

                ipsamp = [NSNumber numberWithFloat:(float)ippointer[isamp]];
                     [ipbufaddObject:ipsamp];
                idsamp = [NSNumber numberWithFloat:(float)idpointer[isamp]];
                     [idbufaddObject:idsamp];

Just a final comment. The cast to (float) here is not required. ippointer is already declared as a float* so ippointer[index] returns data of type float as it is. I mention it because while here it's merely redundant and harmless, your first attempt as posted to me off- list has this cast as [NSNumber numberWithFloat:(unsigned long)ippointer[index]]; Where the cast is most definitely not harmless and in fact prevents the code from working. Throwing in casts without understanding why you're doing it is a good way to introduce bugs, so don't do it unless you really have to.

Also, what Nick said about the memory leak.

cheers, Graham