Folks;

I have developed an application with XC 3.1 on a 10.5 Intel machine using the 10.5 SDK w/ a 10.4 deployment target.
(No GC for me!)

In testing I immediately ran into a few difficulties on a 10.4 PPC machine. In the course of tracking down these issues I ended up installing XC 2.5 on this 10.4 PPC machine. I actually compiled the application under the 10.4 SDK on this machine so I could run it in the debugger. (I had to make surprisingly few changes to get this to happen - none that I am unhappy about) Converting all .xib to .nib being one major aspect (and where I found the offending bug [filter predicate bindings...]) In fact, this exercise has left me with an increased confidence in the application's behavior in this environment.

So I've moved the modified project back to the 10.5 Intel where it happily compiles and runs still using the 10.4 SDK and .nibs.

So, given all that, am I correct in wanting to move the project back to the 10.5 SDK because the underlying code is cleaner and the compiler output is better? (Yes, I do understand the benefits of .xibs but let's leave that aside for now)

Frankly, I would like to better understand all the implications of this choice.
Thanks for any input!
Steve