On Oct 19, 2008, at 12:09 PM, Ricky Sharp wrote:

I will disagree here. It was so worth the effort to move all my bitmapped images to vector-based artwork. I got beautiful scaling from 0.5 to 3.0x to include non-integral scaling factors.

In terms of the statement "cannot vectorize a raster image"... Adobe Illustrator can do such a task.

Illustrator has what used to be Streamline built into it, but it really is only good for stuff that should have been vector-based when it was created anyway. For instance, photographic bitmaps can't be vectorized in this way, or is there some magic new tool that I don't know about?