On 10/21/08 9:44 AM, Dalzhim Dalzhim said:

>Well the concept is pretty simple.  When an instance of NSResponder doesn't
>handle a specific event, it is passed up on the responder chain.  Instead of
>subclassing NSTableView or NSOutlineView, it is only necessary to insert a
>new NSResponder instance in the responder chain, after the table view or the
>outline view so that it handles this case.
>
>Inserting a responder in the responder chain is pretty easy.  Once you have
>instantiated your responder, simply set it's nextResponder to the
>nextResponder of the table view and then set the table view's next responder
>to your own responder.  And there you go, it has been inserted in the linked
>list.

A clever solution, but it means you have to always set up some other
object to do what NSTableView should do itself.  If your app has tens of
tableviews, it seems nicer to subclass and fix NSTableView, then just
use your subclass everywhere.  I guess the best solution always depends
on one's situation.

Thanks to all,