Well you can easily create a NSTableView category in which you handle the
integration of a NSResponder which handles the delete key into the responder
chain. This way you won't have to fix this in every single subclass of
NSTableView that might appear in the future, wherever it comes from (system
components or home-made components).

Besides, if you do not wish to create a new element in the responder chain,
you can simply add this functionality to one of the elements already present
in the responder chain such as a controller.

-Dalzhim