On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:47:01 -0700, Nick Beadman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>I am working on an application which is a floating palette that only
>appears when another application is frontmost. I have set LSUIElement
>in the Info.plist but when the palette comes to the front my
>application becomes active keyboard shortcuts no longer work in the
>other application.

I know this isn't quite the answer you want, but one approach is to give up
on LSUIElement and just have a normal app. Your app can watch what app is
frontmost and show and hide itself accordingly, and can intrude its palette
so that it is in front even when the other app is actually frontmost (using
NSFloatingWindowLevel), thus calling attention to itself as a window
supplementary to the other app, but there is still a distinction, and when
the user actually clicks on the palette to use it, your app comes to the
front. I use this approach and I and my users find it a lot less confusing
than e.g. what Help Viewer does in Leopard (which is simply horrendous
IMHO). m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = [EMAIL PROTECTED], <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!