It's been a while since I haven't had a chance to work on this but I've
finally got back onto it and I still haven't found a solution to get the
bezel border to be drawn properly.  Subclassing any of the public methods
doesn't work as the closest I can get to the result I want is by overriding
drawBezelWithFrame and then I can paint the background with the color or
gradient I wish, but I still lose the bezel border and I can't seem to
reproduce that one.

When subclassing NSButton and NSButtonCell to reproduce the same behavior
with a Recessed NSButton instead of a Recessed NSPopUpButton the result
remains the same.  I can draw any background I wish but I cannot seem to
draw the bezel border.

regards

-Dalzhim

2008/10/21 Kyle Sluder