As of Leopard, you need to do this:

sudo touch /var/log/do_dnserver_log
sudo touch /var/log/dnserver.log
sudo chown daemon /var/log/dnserver.log

as the daemon can't create that file itself in that location any longer.

But you can find the logs in the "system.log" in Console.app.

Chris Kane
Cocoa Frameworks, Apple

On Oct 25, 2008, at 16:48, Jeff Johnson wrote:

I'm using NSDistributedNotificationCenter to deliver notifications from a helper application to the main application. I followed the instructions from <http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2004/tn2124.html#SECFILES >, i.e., sudo touch /var/log/do_dnserver_log and restart, but this doesn't seem to do anything. No file "/var/log/dnserver.log" ever gets created, and "/var/log/do_dnserver_log" remains empty. I tried creating "/var/log/dnserver.log" myself, but that doesn't help either.

Does distnoted debugging still work in Leopard? Or am I misunderstanding the relationship between this debugging facility and NSDistributedNotificationCenter?

-Jeff