I am working from one of the numerous books in Obj C.
My question, which I have asked at another list, is about the method init. Firstly, here is the code, stripped somewhat of irrelevant ( hopefully ) code.

<<<<<<<<

/* #import <Foundation/Foundation.h> */
#import <stdio.h>
#import <objc/Object.h>

@interface Fraction : Object
{
        int Numerator;
        int Denominator;
}

-() methodsToImplementFraction;

@end

@implementation Fraction;

- ( void) methods{
        doStuffHere;
}

@end

int main (int argc, const char * argv[]) {

        Fraction *myFraction;
        myFraction= [Fraction alloc];
        myFraction= [Fraction init];  /*  ???  */

        return 0;

}

My question is this. As I step through the debugger in Xcode, it is not that obvious that any change occurs with the code marked /* ??? */. So, my question is , is there some fundamental thing that "init" does ( for example, the member variables seem to be initialized with the alloc method) ....and it obviously does...else it would not be emphasized as much as it is...or will this become obvious later as I work through more Obj-C.
Thanks in advance.