On Nov 18, 2008, at 11:53 AM, Rua Haszard Morris wrote:

I was ensuring that I am _not_ drawing in a flipped context... (!) now, as you suggest I tried flipping the custom view (override isFlipped) that the attributed string is drawn in, and note that it works correctly!

So an improved workaround is to tweak the positioning logic (to account for the flipped context) instead of tweaking (hacking) the actual attributes.

I'm still not clear on why this should be the case. Thanks for the vastly better workaround though..

The text system generally prefers a flipped context, because text generally runs from top to bottom rather than the reverse. You didn't post code, so I'm not sure exactly what you're doing, but this is a good general rule.

Douglas Davidson