It will not be contained in a NSAutoreleasePool per-se.
Lets say you create a console application, then you would have to make the choice, will I use the NSAutoreleasePool, or try it without (most likely you will, or you wouldn't be able to use autorelease or use any methods that use this method). If you use the cocoa GUI and the NSApplicationMain that is in your "void main(args)" then you won't have to worry about this since the NSApplicationMain method will set up the pool for you.

Filip van der Meeren
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/xlinterpreter