On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Bill Janssen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [I originally sent this, erroneously, to darwin-development.  It's
> failing in NSApplication.init(), so it belongs here.  -- wcj]
>
> What's an "ASN"?  How does a system daemon ever get one?
>
> I'm running a daemon, started by SystemStarter at boot time, and running
> as me (an admin account), which periodically invokes OpenOffice's
> "soffice" binary to convert MS Office docs to PDF.  Works most of the
> time, even though daemons supposedly don't have access to the window
> server, but sometimes OpenOffice crashes with this error message:
>
> FAILED TO GET ASN FROM CORESERVICES so aborting.

I don't know what the message means exactly, and pardon my
obviousness, but couldn't this just be the window server connection
problem that you mention above? The stack trace certainly looks like
it. The call to _RegisterApplication is going to talk to the window
server, and it's probably calling abort() when it can't.

Mike