Thanks for the info, I found the piece of code you were referring to, but somehow I can't get it to work... here's my code:

- (IBAction)sliderMoved:(id)sender {
    SEL trackingEndedSelector = @selector(sliderEnded:);
    [NSObject cancelPreviousPerformRequestsWithTarget:self

         selector:trackingEndedSelector object:sender];

    [self performSelector:trackingEndedSelector withObject:sender
                           afterDelay:0.0];

    // do whatever you want to do during tracking here
        [self willChangeValueForKey:@"imageContrast"];
        imageContrast = [sender doubleValue];
        [self didChangeValueForKey:@"imageContrast"];
}

- (void)sliderEnded:(id)sender {
    // do whatever you want to do when tracking ends here
        NSLog(@"Done tracking");

}

My label is bound to imageContrast so that it is updated live.... right now I'm only trying to log a message when the tracking is done... my slider is connected to the sliderMoved action... did I do anything wrong? Right now when I move the slider I get a ton of "Done tracking" messages in the console, and my label is never updated.. which is... well, almost the opposite of what should happen....

J-N