Gary,

I have to apologize here as the IB interface to transitions seemed like a sure thing to me so I just replied without testing--something I try to avoid. Anyhow, I've also tried to implement it in IB as well as in code, but you're right, no dice. Can't make it work on my end either.

Maybe someone else on the list is familiar with the IKImageView specifically and the subviews transitions more generically as I've notice other views you drag onto a window in IB also have this available. I was able to obtain the image view's image layer in the sublayers array, however, the memory address changes each time a new image is displayed so I can't set a transition on the actual image layer. I also tried to set a transition for a change to the sublayers on the root layer (the containing layer) of the image view and that doesn't work either.

I did find this online: https://www.devonferns.com/cocoablog/?p=3 , however he is swapping out IKImageViews and transitioning the view swapping. I suppose that works, but it seems to be a bit of a hack to me (no offense Devon, if you're on this list. Hacks are often necessary as this case is starting to prove. ;-) )

Any ideas you other Cocoa heads? Is it even possible to use a transition between images in a single IKImageView?

Thanks.

-Matt