On Dec 2, 2008, at 8:47 AM, Keith Blount wrote:

The trouble is - unless I'm doing something wrong, which is likely - that -menuHasKeyEquivalent... doesn't seem to work like this; it seems to be an all or nothing deal. I can return NO, in which case none of the menus get populated. But if I return YES, the application crashes - it seems that I have to fill in the pointers passed into the method. But what I really want to do is return "NO" for the larger menus that will have no key equivalents, but for the other menus have it act as though the delegate method isn't implemented - which "YES" doesn't seem to do. Is there a way to do this without having a different delegate for the menus that get populated with the project contents (i.e. implementing - menuHasKeyEquivalent... to return NO for the delegate of those menus and not implementing it for the delegate of the other menus)? Having a separate delegate object just to perform this one task seems a bit of an awkward workaround, which is why I think I
must be using -menuHasKeyEquivalent... incorrectly.

No, there's no way to have a delegate act as if it implements the menuHasKeyEquivalent: for one menu and not for another. Using separate delegates is the right approach.

-Peter