Hi

I'm working my way through the "Distributed Objects" documentation and am confused about when to use NSConnection, NSInputStream, NSOutputStream etc. The PictureBrowser example project doesn't even seem to use NSConnection and does its thing just fine. Reading the NSConnection docs, I notice the conspicuous absence of any method that actually allows the transfer of messages and data. It just seems like something that allows you to connect to something ... and then has not a single method to actually do anything with that connection.

I looked at several of the example projects but they're all over the map. Some use CF functions, some use raw BSD sockets, PictureBrowser uses NSNetService (something not even mentioned in the Distributed Object docs) So what is the overview of the function and interrelationships between these different parts and importantly, what exactly does one do with an NSConnection?

Thanks for any help