2008/12/4 David Springer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I don't mean to sound patronizing, but unless I have missed some fundamental
> premise, didn't you just re-invent DO?  Maybe the right way to port this
> framework is to make your API a thin wrapper on top of Obj-C messages, and
> your set up a wrapper on top of DO setup.  Just a thought.

No problem. It's a valid question. When I first designed the framework
on Dotnet, I did it partly because I wasn't satisfied with the
Remoting framework (which is Dotnet's version of Distributed Objects).
In the end I suppose it's mainly a matter of taste, but I much prefer
the flexibility you get with message passing framework, rather than a
distributed object framework. In my opinion it's more encouraging to
use multithreading if it's easy to do ad-hoc messaging between threads
and processes without having to specify a new class for each
communication. And my messaging framework also includes some other
nice features I wouldn't get with DO.

/ Påhl