From: Josh Abernathy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: NSPredicateEditor and date comparisons
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: "Cocoa-Dev List" <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com>
Ah, yes, that would be the more accurate way to explain it.
I have an NSDatePicker in my NSPredicateEditor and no funny
business is going on with conversions. It's just the
simple default, setup-in-IB usage.

So I guess the question is better put: is there any
guarantee about the time of an NSDatePicker in an
NSPredicateEditor?

I created a quick test of an NSDatePicker outside an
NSPredicateEditor and its default time seems to be 8:00:00.

On Dec 7, 2008, at 5:57 PM, Chris Idou wrote:

> I'm a bit confused by your post. NSPredicateEditor
doesn't compare any dates, it just creates NSPredicates.
Maybe you're saying that if you have a NSDatePicker in
your NSPredicateEditor, that it creates a predicate with a
date set to 13:41:40. If that's the case, then it
probably has more to do with the NSDatePicker than
predicates. Unless you're converting the predicate to a
string, which introduces more complications.
NSPredicateEditor tends to just call objectValue on the gui
component, so try calling that yourself on your NSDatePicker
and see what happens.

<cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> In my application, users have the option of
comparing to a
>> date in an NSPredicateEditor. For the NSDates it
is
>> comparing against, only the date is important;
time
>> doesn't matter.
>>
>> The interesting thing I found about
NSPredicateEditor is
>> the NSTimeInterval it compares my NSDates to has
the time
>> set to 13:41:40.  That means my NSDates with the
default
>> 12:00:00 time don't match an "is"
predicate.
>> It's not a big deal because I can just change
my
>> NSDate's time to 13:41:40 to fix the problem.
>>
>> But what I'm wondering is if this is
guaranteed to
>> always be true. I couldn't find it anywhere in
the
>> documentation.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Josh
>>
>> Please do not post admin requests or moderator
comments to

http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/cocoa-dev/idou747%40yahoo.com

>> This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

>      Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia
TV. Enter now
http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/?p1=other&p2=au&p3=tagline