Andrew Farmer wrote:

I'm not sure, but I can tell you that mplayer does what you're talking about and works fine. You may want to take a look at how they do it.

OpenOffice.org, too. It builds an app bundle, etc., using command line tools. It may not be a good place to start, though. It is about 1.8 GB of code all together.

The relevant part to the OP's question, though, would be in the instsetoonative module where the different installers are created.

Jason