Hi ,

I did that already! I 99% suspected this would be the answer but had to make the effort to find out.

Thanks a lot,
All the Best
Dave

On 11 Dec 2008, at 12:08, Jeremy Pereira wrote:

On 11 Dec 2008, at 10:53, Dave wrote:

Hi All,

I have an application that is downloaded from the web by Safari. When the user double-clicks on the .dmg file to open the a Warning Dialog is displayed. My question is, is there anyway of stopping the dialog from appearing? My boss doesn't like it and wants me to look into ways of getting rid of it, but I'm not sure where to start!

I guess you could start by explaining to your boss that it is a security feature designed to help prevent users from accidentally executing malicious software that they downloaded from the Internet. If there was a way for developers (which necessarily includes developers of malicious software) to circumvent that feature, it would make it about as effective as a chocolate fireguard, but not nearly so tasty.

Thanks in Advance, All the Best Dave
Dave