On Dec 12, 2008, at 3:12 AM, Matt Gough wrote:

On 11 Dec 2008, at 18:33, Corbin Dunn wrote:

Also see this demo (I'm going to see how many times I can reference it):

<http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/PhotoSearch/>

Corbin,

I gave this a whirl (since it has shown up several times recently :) ), but cannot get it to find any images at all. I know spotlight is working OK as Finder's 'All Images' smart search finds more than 10000.

Might try debugging if I have time, but wondered if you had any clues?

There are some sample images with it to ensure Spotlight had something specific do index. If you search for "Flower or Corbin" does it ever give anything back? One thing to check is to see if you have any excluded directories in Spotlight prefs. Another thing to try is the /Developer/Examples/AppKit/Spotlighter example -- it also uses NSMetadataQuery to find results.

corbin