Hi All,

I implemented NStableView which contains few "columns" with NSImageCells , there are huge number of rows ( for the nightmare ) images are requested over the network and hence images are never readily available.

but part of my framework intimates me whenever an image is downloaded and i precisely know for which of the rows image has been downloaded. ( so far good ).

I am trying to register an observer in the custom cell class of the ImageCell I mentioned.

So whenever display is requested on the cell , it checks for the image in downloads , if it isn't available it draws empty image else it places an request and waits for the image.
After image is downloaded observer tries to invoke the drawing again.

This way only cells which are actually in "screen display" get drawn , hence I am supposing there would less traffic and leads to efficient drawing.

Is this a right practice ? or completely unethical ?

Thanks
Rajesh