Hi,

What are your idea's to solve this the right way.

I have a class ( high level ) that receives data. The type of data is unknown and is only recognisable by an included header inside the data.

This header could be 16 bytes or 32 bytes long. Depending on this header I will call a worker.

Because of the extensibility of the HLClass because of new data type's, I would like to make that HLClass known about DataTypeWorker_xx Classes. In other words, this High Level Class works in conjunction with several representation objects (subclasses of DataTypeWorker), which recognisable and manage the actual data.

I hope the purpose is clear.

Now I am filling manually during the HLClass initialisation a DatatypeRepresentation array and walk through it for all the DataTypeWorker_xx objects. It works, but I feel I have to much code around and not so dynamic as I think it should be with Obj-C.

How does Apple or you doing this ( f.e NSImage and NSString )?
How can I add just a DataTypeWorker_xx.mh ( representations ) to the project, with at less code as possible ( read no extra code ) in the HLClass, that will be recognised by the Highlevel Class?

Should I, during the initialisation ( initialize ) of the representation classes, add the 'classes' to a global dictionary, and read this global with the HLClass? This because I am afraid that it is uncertain which class will be the first called, HLClass initialize or initialize of the representation DataTypeWorker_xx Classes!
I want create the objects only at the moment that I really need them.

Is this the way?

Thanks in advance

RvA