Excellent. Thank you. Don't think I would have found that anytime soon. I was surprised to find that isGroupItem is not mentioned in the NSOutlineView guide.

The other thing I noticed is that the PhotoSearch sample application has the disclosure triangle and it's text drawn in white to better contrast with the gray background. Any idea how this was accomplished?

And, just because I'm curious...is there any way to control the background color of the disclosure triangle rows? Or must it be gray if outlineView:isGroupItem returns YES?

Thanks again.