As someone else suggested why not just use

[lookup removeAllObjects]

or perhaps I am missing a part of the bigger picture for the project you're working on.

Dale Merrick

On Dec 15, 2008, at 4:54 PM, John Michael Zorko wrote:

Hello, all ...

Imagine this:

static NSMutableDictionary *lookup = [NSMutableDictionary new];

... now imagine a situation where I need to clear that dictionary. If I call

[lookup release];
lookup = [NSMutableDictionary new];

... it will obviously be faster than coding a for loop and removing each object in the dictionary, but since it was declared as static, which is safer?

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
http://www.fallingyou.com

This email sent to theu...@me.com