On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Jean-Nicolas Jolivet
<silver...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> Well this is going to be a bit vague since my situation is a bit specific
> but basically I am downloading data using AsyncSocket...  then I'm saving it
> directly to the HD...
> However in like 80% of the cases, the resulting data on disk is slightly
> bigger (usually around 12 or 13bytes) than it should be (according to the
> crc32)
>
> I am downloading multiparts email attachments (encoded via either uuencode,
> yEnc or Base64)... and the corresponding decoder always complains of bad CRC
> checks when I try to decode the downloaded data...
>
> It's always a *tiny* amount of bytes (but not a constant amount) so for
> example if I downloaded an Mp3 file, the resulting decoded data will play,
> but with little glitches every here and there (probably where the parts were
> joined)....some examples of the decoder's otuput:
>
> Part 1.rar: Decoded size (384012) does not match expected size (384000)
> Part 2.rar: Decoded size (384013) does not match expected size (384000)
>
> Now as I said, I know this is really vague, but did anyone experience
> something similar with AsyncSocket or any other sockets? or NSData
> altogether??

Definitely need more info for this:

- What code do you use to download the file?

- What code do you use to write the file?

- Where are the excess bytes located in the file?

- What do the excess bytes contain?

You're right that this is kind of vague, but a vague description with
a bunch of specifics will be much easier to work with!

Mike