Well after comparing the data that I am receiving with the data that I SHOULD be receiving, it turns out that dots (yes, the dot character (.) ) are added all over the place in the data.... if I have 10 extra bytes, it means 10 extra dots were added to my data, so for example, a line that SHOULD read:

.m;{äMã‰P#ü1–TMë&L>ÆÖ-«½4i¯àÚPëýgêæ¯Ø

Instead reads:
..m;{äMã‰P#ü1–TMë&L>ÆÖ-«½4i¯àÚPëýgêæ¯Ø

Notice the extra dot at the beginning of the line... it turns out that ALL the extra dots that gets added are at the beginning of lines, when there is already a dot there....

Now, that data is downloaded straight from the socket and saved to disk, I am not adding/merging nor doing anything with it so I wonder if it's not a bug with AsyncSocket?? but I guess if it were adding dots all over the place people would've notice it already... I'm out of ideas here really!