On 29 Dec 2008, at 12:08 pm, Mudi Dandan wrote:

This is a overwriting confirmation dialog for file copying (very much like Finder's) and I'm releasing the view because it's not needed anymore after the user has chosen.

Terminology matters. By 'view' do you mean panel/window? I took 'view' to mean an NSView, i.e. the button.

8. remove and release panel

9. ??? Update the button and crash

Why are these steps in this order? In fact why do you even need to update the button at this point at all - its window has gone. When the window is released it releases all its subviews, including the button.

Just leave out step 9.

--Graham