Hello!

I am making a hard drive cloner/backuper, and to do some deleting and copying, I need to use the security framework. What I need to be able to do is have the user type in their password one time, and then it would give me system.privilege.admin rights until a time that they want to unauthorized it (could be days, weeks, months, years). I have looked through the security framework, but have not really found how to have one system.privilege.admin authorization, and have it last a long time. So, if anyone could point me in the right direction with this, like what methods to use, and what parameters to use.

I'm also wondering another thing. To delete the files, I need admin privileges, but, do I need to create a new target (e.g. a shell script) to do the copying and then run the command (blanking on the name) that runs the script at a given path with admin privileges. Or, could I somehow use NSFileManager in an authorized state.

Thanks for any help!

Joe