On 20/01/2009, at 12:56 PM, Joe Turner wrote:

That makes sense, but then how does an app like SuperDuper! do it. You click the lock, enter your password, and then you don't need to enter your password again until you lock it again. And, it is the regular security framework password window, so the developer must be doing some sort of authorization that lasts forever. And I checked, it does authorize system.privilege.admin.

The padlock is an SFAuthorizationView and it handles some of this, although I've not used it myself.

--
Rob Keniger