On Jan 12, 2009, at 8:47 AM, Joseph Crawford wrote:

I do not know if this is a cocoa question or not, it is an error I get when I hit build & go

This GDB was configured as "i386-apple-darwin".tty /dev/ttys001
warning: Unable to read symbols for "@loader_path/../Frameworks/ BWToolkitFramework.framework/Versions/A/BWToolkitFramework" (file not found). warning: Unable to read symbols from "BWToolkitFramework" (not yet mapped into memory). warning: Unable to read symbols for "@loader_path/../Frameworks/ Sparkle.framework/Versions/A/Sparkle" (file not found). warning: Unable to read symbols from "Sparkle" (not yet mapped into memory).

I did some googling and found that people used a tool to use @executable_path rather than @loader_path but I also read that those values should be the exact same so changing them is not the optimal change to make.

The values should be whatever is required to allow the dynamic loader to find those frameworks. Typically, @loader_path/../Frameworks/... will work, assuming that you install the frameworks in question into the Frameworks subdirectory of your app bundle.

Your problem at this moment is that your debug version is not a complete bundle. For debugging and testing, you should ensure that the DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH (and possibly DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH) environment variables point to the directory(ies) that contain the frameworks in question.

man dyld for more information.

--
Dave Carrigan
d...@rudedog.org