On 15 Jan 2009, at 22:16, Jens Bauer wrote:

..often used around 3ms for the empty method "-renderObject".
It gave me the terrible result of up to 21ms spent in the empty method!

-So I'd like to let you know that it's sometimes good to think "do I really need this method?" I will be rewriting around 8 of my large files for doing some rendering, so they will be using C-routines instead of ObjC methods, since I'm using them in a real-time environment.

My guess is that the message dispatcher probably needs to do something else than servicing *my* application, so I believe it's the nature of the environment, not a bug

I compiled your program into an Xcode project. I got an answer of 0.021ms.

I modified the project to call renderObject 1,000 times and I got the answer 0.028ms.

The only thing I can think of is that you have confused milliseconds and microseconds.

Love,
Jens

This email sent to a...@jeremyp.net